Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Community Call-Out
Enniska, February 22, 2016
Districts of Tsi Snaihne
Call-Out To Sit On The Akwesasne Legislative Commission
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, Akwesasne Justice Department is seeking community representatives from the District of Tsi Snaihne interested in becoming members of the Akwesasne Legislative Commission.
To qualify for appointment to the Akwesasne Legislative Commission a person must:
- be a Member;
- have knowledge of Mohawk cultures and traditions;
- have good character, credibility and reputation in the Akwesasne community;
- have good communication skills;
- be “in good standing” as defined in the Akwesasne Good Standing Policy;
- not be an elected member of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne, the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council or a hereditary Chief from the Mohawk Nation Council of Chiefs;
- not be an employee of the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne;
- never have been convicted of an offense under the Akwesasne Banishment Law, the Akwesasne Drug Law, an indictable offense in Canada or a felony in the United States;
- be willing to attend and actively participate in training deemed essential for the successful operation of the Akwesasne Legislative Commission; and
- be willing to attend regularly scheduled Akwesasne Legislative Commission meetings to conduct business and attend Public Meetings as scheduled.
Initial term of appointment is three (3) years. Honorarium set by MCR guidelines for appointed Akwesasne Legislative Commission members.
If interested please contact the Justice Department Paralegal, Aaron Terrance at 613-575-2250 ext. 2418
DEADLINE: February 29, 2016 by 12:00 PM