Tsiionkwanonhso:te Influenza Outbreak
Onerahto:kha/ April 12, 2016
Please be advised that the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Department of Health considers the safety of the Tsiionkwanonhso:te residents, employees and community members’ one of our highest priorities. Effective immediately, visits to Tsiionkwanonhso:te will have the following restrictions until further notice to contain an influenza outbreak:
Limit your visit to one resident only.
- No children <12 years old (except for palliative care)
- Clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub:
- When you arrive and before leaving
- After any contact with residents
- After coughing and sneezing
- Check with a nurse before visiting
- Follow all posted guidelines to protect yourself and others
- No group activities (ex. Bingo, folding, etc.)
We will assess the status of the outbreak on a daily basis and will lift visitor restrictions as soon as the risk to our residents, families, employees and community members has been minimized.
MCA Department of Health thanks the community in advance for their cooperation throughout this precautionary measure.
Immediate family members of Tsiionkwanonhso:te residents should contact the facility directly at (613) 932-1409 for further information.
Daily updates will be provided and posted and on the MCA Facebook page as well as the Community Health Facebook Page.
For more information please call the Community Health office at (613) 575-2341 Ext. 3220.