Community Call-Out For Mohawk Language Interpreter
Onerahtohkó:wa/May 11, 2016
The Chief Referendum Officer Leona Benedict is posting this call out for interested individuals to submit their applications for consideration to the position of Mohawk Language Interpreter. To qualify, the individual must:
- be a Member eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- not be a sitting member of Council or Justice of the Peace or Justice of the Akwesasne Mohawk Court;
- not be a sitting member of the Akwesasne Review Commission;
- be in Good Standing under Akwesasne’s Good Standing Policy; and
- have a criminal reference check, if selected.
The Mohawk Language Interpreter will be responsible for attending the Information Meetings related to the Akwesasne Oién:kwa Kaianerénhsera (Akwesasne Tobacco Law) Special Referendum, attend the designated Referendum Polling Station the day of the referendum, and be on call for appointments with community members during the period of Online Voting. The Mohawk Language Interpreter will be provided training on the Akwesasne Oién:kwa Kanaianerénhsera (Akwesasne Tobacco Law) Special Referendum Regulation, background on the subject matter for the referendum, and will work worth technicians to communicate information with community members.
The Mohawk Language Interpreter will work for a total of 25 hours beginning May 23, 2016 until June 11, 2016. The rate of remuneration for this position will be $65.00 per hour, based on the schedule identified by the Chief Referendum Officer.
Applications submitted for consideration of this position must include the following:
- completed application form;
- a letter of interest signed by the applicant outlining how he or she meets the qualification for appointment, including level of fluency in the Mohawk Language and experience in providing translation services;
- consent to verify Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Membership;
- consent to run a Mohawk Council of Akwesasne Good Standing Policy check; and
- consent to undergo a criminal reference check.
The deadline to submit completed applications is Friday, May 20, 2016 at 12:00pm.
For a copy of the application for Mohawk Language Interpreter or more information on the referendum to enact the Akwesasne Oién:kwa Kaianerénhsera (Akwesasne Tobacco Law), please contact the Chief Referendum Officer Leona Benedict by telephone at 613-575-2250 ext. 2406, by facsimile at 613-575-1726 or by email at email@example.com.