Call-out for Health Board Members
Kentenhko:wa/November 23, 2016
CALL-OUT TO SIT ON THE AKWESASNE HEALTH BOARD
The Mohawk Council of Akwesasne’s Department of Health is seeking seven (7) community representatives to sit on the Akwesasne Health Board; one (1) member from each of the three Districts (Tsi Snaihne, Kana:takon and Kawehno:ke); an elder from each district; and one (1) youth representative between the age of 18-29 years old.
To qualify for appointment to the Akwesasne Department of Health a person must:
- Be a registered member of Akwesasne or immediately eligible to be registered as a member under the Akwesasne Membership code (does not include probationary members);
- have knowledge of Mohawk cultures and traditions;
- have good character, credibility and reputation in the Akwesasne community;
- Not be convicted of an indictable offense in Canada or a felony in the United States within 5 years prior to their appointment;
- Reside in the District for which they were appointed, unless otherwise approved by the Board;
- Have an adequate educational background or experience in the health field and possess an interest in health issues. For the youth representative, an interest in health issues satisfies this criterion;
- Must not be an employee of the Department of Health
Initial term of appointment is three (3) years. Honorarium set by MCR guidelines for appointed Akwesasne Health Board members.
If interested please submit a letter, outlining your qualifications and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping off your letter at the Kanonhkwat’sheri:io Health Facility, Attention: Department of Health Administration.