The Operational Support Program is one of six Programs within the Department of Central Resource Services (CRS). The Program is housed in the Administration I Office located in Kanatakon (St. Regis Village). You can reach them at 613-575-2250. The Central Resource Service was established in 2003 to enhance the coordination of vital services to all Departments within Mohawk Council's organizational structure.
The Operational Support Program provides assistance to Departments and Programs within the Mohawk Council of Akwesasne in a variety of ways. Staff within the program is made up of a Manager, Assistant Manager, General Office Clerks, Mail Courier/ Clerk, and Receptionists.
Personnel within the Program coordinate:
- Purchases / leases of various equipment and office furniture such as photocopiers, fax machines, desks, chairs and other large pieces
- Services for the installation, maintenance and / or repair requirements for communication systems, both land-lines, mobile units and paging systems
- Technical support for usage of systems whether is for the internal phones or mobile units
- Programming information, maintaining core data and issuing statements
- Administration of employee benefits Akwesasne Pension Plan, Canada Life Group Health Insurance and Fitness Center Membership Subsidy Program. Orientation, claim processing, terminations, and attendance registration are all coordinated from the Operational Support Program
- Meetings and presentations on retirement planning, investment and group benefits with the Financial Advisors
- Bulk purchase of paper, toner, and other consumable products for equipment
- Reporting issues relating to workplace injuries/illnesses to the appropriate authority (workers compensation in Ontario or Quebec)
- Publishing a monthly newsletter for the employee population ofMCA
- Participate in project team meetings for construction of office environments whether it is new or a renovation